February 18, 2014
Food roundup below:
- Four Brothers Sports Tavern, which is slated to take over the space on Mitchell Bridge Road that started out as a Harry Bissett’s and has since been a couple of other things, has a soft opening set for Feb. 25. Its website is up and running, complete with menu, which features some vegetarian options a cut above most sports bars.
- It is by no means so certain as a date, but it does look like La Puerta del Sol, the longest-anticipated restaurant in Athens history, is getting close to opening on Cedar Shoals, in the former Cofer’s, and the folks at Cali N Tito’s said “Hopefully by the end of March.” So take that as you will.
- Five & Ten is having a shmancy wine dinner tomorrow night (Feb. 19), with Brian Talley of Talley Vineyards. You can see the menu here and either call or click for reservations.
- If that doesn’t sway you, Shiraz is doing Chozas Carrascal Spanish wines plus tapas and live music on Thursday, 5–8 p.m., for $25 a person. Call 706-208-0010 to RSVP.
- Rashe’s Cuisine on Tallassee has pushed back its opening date.
- Mary Charles Howard’s Athens Food Tours has changed its name and expanded its focus, becoming Georgia Food Tours. Decatur and St. Simons have been added, with more to come. Also: new “Romance Picnics.”
- Brixx, the franchise pizza place in the West Washington deck downtown, looks to be opening in March.
Like what you just read? Support Flagpole by making a donation today. Every dollar you give helps fund our ongoing mission to provide Athens with quality, independent journalism.