In this week’s Sunday paper, The New York Times published a good-natured fluff piece on the longtime fantasy sports obsession of one Mike Mills, former bassist for R.E.M. and occasional solo performer. Among the takeaways:
- Mike Mills has six fantasy baseball teams on Yahoo! Sports this season.
- Mike Mills is a lifelong Braves fan, and among said teams is one called Upton No Good, which is awesome, but not as good as Up, Up and a Hey. (Then again, nothing is.)
- The commissioner of one of Mike Mills’ fantasy baseball leagues is Ben Gibbard.
- Mike Mills participated in a Masters fantasy draft, which is about the most unexciting thing imaginable. (He did not do well.)
- Mike Mills is a huge nerd.
- The New York Times wins the prize for the worst closing paragraph of all time. Click and cringe.
Like what you just read? Support Flagpole by making a donation today. Every dollar you give helps fund our ongoing mission to provide Athens with quality, independent journalism.