Photo Credit: Chicken Salad Chick
Chicken Salad Chick, an Auburn, AL-based franchise devoted to different varieties of chicken salad, opens today in the Beechwood shopping center, near Fresh Market.
The menu for the Athens location isn’t up on its website yet, but you can expect it to be similar to that at other locations: umpteen kinds of chicken salad (regular; with sweet pickles and egg; with apples, pecans and grapes; with ranch, bacon and cheddar; with lots of onions; with buffalo wing sauce; with lemon and basil, etc.), plus pimento cheese, egg salad, hummus, lettuce-based salads, soups, sandwiches and cookies.
It’ll be open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m.–8 p.m. As it’s opening week, there are a whole bunch of different incentives to get you in the door:
- Today (Tuesday, Sept. 20): The first 100 guests to order get a “Meet the Chicks” tasting card that gets you one free scoop of the chicken salad flavor of the week for 16 weeks.
- Wednesday, Sept. 21: The first 100 guests to order a Chick Special get a free scoop of their choice.
- Thursday, Sept. 22: The first 100 guests to order get a Chicken Salad Chick coozie.
- Friday, Sept. 23: Buy two Quick Chicks (prepackaged things out of the cooler), get a free “cooler.”
- Saturday, Sept. 24: Spend $40, get a limited-edition stainless steel tumbler.
Like what you just read? Support Flagpole by making a donation today. Every dollar you give helps fund our ongoing mission to provide Athens with quality, independent journalism.