The hophead herpetologists at Terrapin have a busy year ahead of them. The Athens brewery recently announced additions to its 2014 lineup:
• Mosaic Red Rye India Pale Ale, a 2013 side project, will be available in 12-ounce cans starting in February.
• Rye Cubed Triple Rye IPA will be released as a seasonal high-gravity Monster Beer this summer, with a Belgian black IPA following in the fall.
• Four Side Projects are scheduled for release in 2014: Pineapple Express (a smoked Helles flavored with pineapple) now, MoonRay (a chocolate/orange Weizenbock) in April, Guano (an “ancho-brownie-inspired concoction;” your guess is as good as mine) in July and the winner of the company’s Employee Homebrew Challenge later in the year.
• Full of Balarney, a draft-only dry Irish stout, is coming in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
• A collaboration with San Diego’s Green Flash Brewing Co. called Tangerine Dreamsicle will be available in June.
• Another edition of So Fresh & So Green, Green, this time with a different fresh hop, is coming out in October.
• Three small-batch limited-release beers—White Chocolate Moo-Hoo, Cinnamon Roll’d Wake-n-Bake and an unnamed imperial pumpkin pie porter—will be released in 22-ounce bombers.
Like what you just read? Support Flagpole by making a donation today. Every dollar you give helps fund our ongoing mission to provide Athens with quality, independent journalism.