A mobile COVID-19 testing clinic will be stopping at seven locations around Athens this month to provide free testing. Locations include:
• Wed., Dec. 2, 12–4 p.m.: Tuckston United Methodist Church (4175 Lexington Road)
• Thurs., Dec. 3, 1–4 p.m.: Mercy Health Center (700 Oglethorpe Ave.)
• Mon., Dec. 7, 11 a.m.–3 p.m.: Columbia Brookside (2801 Green Lane)
• Thurs., Dec. 10, 1–4 p.m.: Mercy Health Center
• Mon., Dec. 14, 1–4 p.m.: Athens-Clarke County Fire Station No. 5 (1090 Whit Davis Road)
• Wed., Dec. 16, 12–4 p.m.: Marathon Gas (1590 Lexington Road)
• Thurs., Dec. 17, 1–4 p.m.: Mercy Health Center
• Fri., Dec. 18, 1–4 p.m.: AMC Theater (1575 Lexington Road)
• Mon., Dec. 21, 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m.: Seventh Day Adventist Church (429 Epps Bridge Parkway)
The mobile clinic is staffed by the Athens Neighborhood Health Center. Other partners include Athens Area Habitat for Humanity, the ACC government and Family Connection-Communities in Schools.
No appointment is required. Results will arrive in 1–3 days.
The Northeast Georgia Public Health District also offers free testing by appointment only at both a central testing site in Winterville and a mobile clinic currently stationed in Jefferson. So do UGA’s Athens Free Mobile Clinic and the Athens Neighborhood Health Center.
In addition, asymptomatic UGA students, faculty and staff can receive free tests at Legion Field and at pop-up sites around campus.
Like what you just read? Support Flagpole by making a donation today. Every dollar you give helps fund our ongoing mission to provide Athens with quality, independent journalism.