1. Black Kids breaking out was huge. Their first show outside of Florida was the Athens Popfest in 2007. The rest is history.
2. Roky Erickson headlining in 2008. Because, duh!
3. Our totally ill-advised craft show component that happened in 2011.
4. Having to police the 40 Watt parking lot because two out-of-town bands got completely ripped on some homemade hooch… Total babysitting moment. Ridiculous.
5. The double headlining bill of Man or Astro-man? and Dead Milkmen was a pretty huge standout. A crazy undertaking that totally worked.
Like what you just read? Support Flagpole by making a donation today. Every dollar you give helps fund our ongoing mission to provide Athens with quality, independent journalism.