You could watch the election results like I do—alone, with a laptop and a fifth of bourbon—or you could be social and go out and watch them with a group of people you can celebrate and/or cry with. If you choose the latter, here are your options:
• Kelly Girtz will be at Little Kings, along with DJ Mahogany spinning records from 6:30–10 p.m.
• Richie Knight will be at his totally-not-campaign-headquarters at 314 E. Washington St., from 6–9 p.m.
• Harry Sims will be at JR Crickets, at the corner of Hawthorne and Oglethorpe, starting at 7 p.m.
• Athens for Everyone is hosting a watch party at the 40 Watt Club from 7–11 p.m., featuring games, snacks, DJ Kountry Boy and a live stream of results.
• Richard Winfield will be somewhere in the Bottleworks (just wander around until someone offers you a $20-an-hour job, I guess), along with food catered by Taste of India.
• Chalis Montgomery will be at The Glass House (624 S. Milledge Ave., suite 101) starting at 7:30 p.m.
• Commission candidates Tommy Valentine and Mariah Parker are co-hosting an event at Southern Brewing Co. from 7–11 p.m.
• For those of the Republican persuasion, gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp has reserved a ballroom at the downtown Holiday Inn that will be open from 7 p.m.–3 a.m.
Oh, you forgot there was an election today? Go vote, dummy! Polls are open until 7 p.m.
Check back to flagpole.com for election results later tonight.