The annual Flagpole Athens Music Awards show (or FAMAs, as it's colloquially known which I'm desperately trying to make a thing) happens Thursday, June 19 at the Morton Theatre, and we're proud to reveal the lineup of performers that will take the stage throughout the evening.
- Drive-By Truckers multi-instrumentalist Jay Gonzalez will play some tunes on his acoustic keytar, which, in case you haven't seen it, is just the neatest thing.
- Young, genre-defying swing-punx Monsoon, a nominee in the Best Rock Band category, will perform; listen to their recent three-song demo and read our July 2013 cover story on that band here.
- In addition, in-demand folkies Family and Friends, an Upstart nominee, will appear.
- Erin Lovett, a.k.a. Four Eyes—a Pop and Best Music Video nominee—will, too.
- Local MC Eugene Willis, as Blacknerdninja, will wow us with his dynamic and unforgettable stage show.
- Finally, Hand Sand Hands' Jon Miller, an Experimental nominee, will provide a taste of his new, beat-damaged electronic work.
The show will be hosted by the one and only Thomas Valadez, a.k.a. Tom Visions. Check the Facebook event page for ongoing updates.
We'll announce the finalists for this year's Awards on Monday, June 9, right here on Homedrone. Tickets for the #FAMAs (Come on! Who's with me?) go on sale next Thursday, June 12, and are $8 in advance and $10 at the door, or $5 with an AthFest wristband.