Photo Credit: Pouch/Facebook
Pouch, which has been serving savory and sweet pies on Broad in downtown Athens for nearly five years, is closing its doors. (If you haven't heard, Target is moving in next door.)
It won't be your last chance to get the Malcher family's pies, though. They've already moved into the commercial field, with a USDA kitchen in Atlanta that makes pies for retailers, including Stripling's. The restaurant is holding a customer appreciation day Nov. 2 (its last day) from 11 a.m.–11 p.m. with drink specials, prizes and samples.
More local food news:
- El Zarco, on Broad near downtown, has closed, as have Burgerim, on Broad actually downtown, and Crazy Dough's in The Mark.
- La Estrella, on Hawthorne, has become Latino's Taqueria y Mariscos, under new ownership.
- Pelican's Snoballs is closing for the winter, effective Sunday, Oct. 27, reopening in March.
- The Bruster's on Epps Bridge is open.
- Cafe Racer, in Crawford, is now open Sundays, from 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Punta Cana Latin Grill is open in the Bottleworks.
- Caborita, on Mitchell Bridge Road, is closed and has been replaced by International Grill and Bar, which has a generally Middle Eastern and tasty-looking menu, including halal meats.
- And Taqueria El Agave, on Oconee Street, is now Giana's Mexican Grill.