So, just like we did for Thanksgiving, we're supplying you with a list of places from which to order your food for the holidays. It'll be updated as we hear more.
- Big City Bread has tarts, Linzer torte, chocolate pecan pie, chocolate peppermint cake, apple bread, chocolate cherry bread, rolls, cookies, stollen, brioche, pannetone and sampler platters for the indecisive. Order by Dec. 21 at least 72 hours in advance of when you need your stuff.
- Five and Ten has cakes (chocolate, red velvet, coconut cream, lemon meringue, almond) orderable 72 hours in advance and is closed Dec. 24 and 25.
- Heirloom Cafe has sides (green bean casserole, sweet potato souffle, root veggie gratin, stuffing, greens, cranberry sauce and turkey gravy) and pies (chocolate bourbon pecan, honey thyme apple, pumpkin buttermilk) orderable through a web form by Sunday (Dec. 21) for pick-up by 3 p.m. Dec. 24.
- home.made has Sorvas salad, roasted veggies, potatoes au gratin, sweet potato risotto, pecan pie, cranberry Basque cake, sage and grape focaccia and cranberry pepper jelly. Order by noon Dec. 22 for pick-up from 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Dec. 23. It'll be closed Dec. 24–28.
- KiKi's Bakeshop has cakes (white chocolate cheesecake, red velvet, flourless chocolate with peppermint topping), pies (apple, apple cranberry, chocolate pecan, bourbon pecan, cherry), cheddar biscuits, cookies and yeast rolls. Order by noon Sunday (printable form here). It'll be open 7 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Dec. 24 and closed Dec. 25–28.